They were a bit ambitious perhaps, but the fact is I wasn't playing Tetris specifically to try and complete goals I made at the start of the year. I don't really have that attitude for life either. I'm mostly playing things as they come, rather than working my entire life and the choices I make around pre-determined goals. I prefer versatility in my life, to cross my bridges as I get to them and when I want to, and to let my ambitions and goals change over time. But hey, in the spirit of things lets make a few anyway, just so I can look back in 12 months and see how many I completely and utterly failed to fulfil:
- Get a 2.1 or higher in the end of year exams
- Focus my time a little better, spend more of it doing what I'm actually meant to be doing
- Get back into talking to people who I've drifted out of touch with
- Get me one of those woman things. Preferably a non-crazy one.
- Get TAP Master M and Death Gm. Which shouldn't be that fucking hard considering I could do either this week with a lucky run.
- Actually go to sleep when I intend to, rather than staying up on MSN, IRC and Facebook for another two hours
- Over Lent and May bumps, average out bumping more often than being bumped - not totally under my control but something to work towards anyway.
- Get the Riichi Mahjong Society properly registered (preferably before the 2010 freshers' fair) and established as a real society.
- Learn how to hold my tongue sometimes when people are being idiotic, and be a bit less abrasive.
So I'm going for best out of nine with those resolutions. In 12 months I want to have done 5 or more, which really shouldn't be too difficult. I'll actually be pretty pissed off with myself if I've not, so I guess I'm setting myself up for failure just much as I'm aiming to not set myself up for disappointment.
We shall see. They are here, they are in writing, and who knows, I might actually check back on them sometime between now and 31st December 2010.