Sunday, 25 July 2010

Ah Crap... It's Sunday Evening Again

Before the blog, I shall grace this blog with one of the most awesome videos I've seen in a while. It's crazy and hilarious and Japanese, and I really hope it's done in satire. Either way, it's funny.



Courtesy of Matt Lord and Alexa Shazz who posted it on his wall. I know enough Japanese to derive some extra humour from it, but it's funny anyway, especially given most of the Japanese is crazy Engrish (NAISU TOREIN!!). It brightened up my day.

Today hasn't been so bad. The German Grand Prix wasn't great aside from the controversy, but it was nice to see Cavendish win the sprint on the Champs Elysées by an absolute fucking mile. He didn't get the green jersey, but it really should be his next year, because once he's there for the sprint, there doesn't seem to be anyone who can even get close, let alone beat him. If he doesn't screw up stages like he did this year, then even without going for intermediate sprint points the points classification really should be his for the taking.

I've spent the rest of the afternoon fansubbing - anyone who reads this blog to find out information on Frostii releases should be pleased to know that Rainbow episodes 11-15 should all be released pretty soon, aside from 13 which is a recap episode. Kimi ni Todoke 14 shouldn't be that far away either, though Durarara!! is still going to be a bit slow.

I'm hoping the next week of work can see me get onto some 3D CAD stuff. I was doing calculations and things this week, and it wasn't too bad, but it was fairly dull. It was nice to at least be doing some proper engineering stuff (I actually regretted not having my data books with me at a few points) but it's fairly menial, and it's not something I have much confidence doing. If someone tells me to go calculate shit I can do it, but given a structure and told to calculate failure loads and the like is a bit more out of my comfort zone. If I'm in Autodesk Inventor then I'll at least feel like I'm not spending a whole day to do a shoddy job of something that a more experience employee could do much better in an hour or so.

I've been pretty tired today, mostly because I was up until 4am last night playing Alien Swarm with Alex and Cardy. It's a pretty nice game, especially considering that it's free. It's actually surprisingly tactical because you run out of health and ammo pretty damn quickly if you don't work efficiently together. The friendly fire aspect is also pretty difficult to avoid given most of the enemies melee attack (and Cardinal was fucking shit at noticing all the stuff chasing him :P). So yeah, good fun for a game that costs nothing. My only real issue with it is that it seems to massively crash my graphics driver regardless of the settings I use, though hopefully I can fix that. It's especially odd given that it doesn't seem like the sort of game that would be graphically demanding on a game that can run CS:S and Half-Life 2 with high settings and no trouble.

The next week is probably still going to be a combination of work in the day and fansubbing in the evening, but if I can maybe ask myself into something a little more interesting it'll probably make it tolerable.
Also got a confirmation letter and a fucking huge suggested reading list for MET next year, but more on that for another blog entry. This was also my 98th blog post, and I've got something nice lined up for the 100th ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment