Wednesday, 22 December 2010

Fansubbing Update Shizzle - 22/12/2010

Not done one of these in a while, but then I have been busy with university work, and nothing seems to actually get done while I'm busy. Stuff piles up until I have the piece of mind available to yell at people to do things, knowing that when it gets to me I'll have the time free to get it done, and not be a hypocrite for yelling at people for stalling and then stalling myself. Or at least, that's the idea. It seems usually that everything unclogs and gets done while I'm free, and then gets to me just as my period of free time runs out and I'm snowed under with work again.



Anyway, what I know on projects that I'm working on:

Kimi ni Todoke - Episode 18 should hopefully be out in the next few days, though I can't really see us getting through the rest of Season 1 before Season 2 starts airing in January. It's still a bit TBC, but I'm pretty sure we're going to carry on and do Season 2 as well. At the very least, I want to just because I think it's an absolutely awesome show and I enjoy working on it.

K-On!! - The live DVD is still going to be a while, but the Ura-On!! DVD specials shouldn't take that long once we've got the raws. Though that's pretty much granted given they're only a few minutes long.

Musashi - I spent five hours this afternoon in AFX working on this, and pending it getting through the QC check the typesetting is done and we'll finally have it released in the next week or so, hopefully before Christmas. It's been an absolute bitch but it really does look like we're almost done, and it's only taken us ten months! :P

Daa! Daa! Daa! -  Episode 65 should be released pretty soon, though I'm not sure the pace is going to get that much quicker after that. Maybe things can get moving if people are poked a little bit more, but I'm not sure.

Rainbow - Episode 23 was stalled because our translator disappeared without translating the signs, though they're translated now and just waiting to be done. 24-26 might emerge soon, but are entirely dependent on our translator reappearing, so I wouldn't bet on them being out particularly quickly.

Mahoutsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto – Natsu no Sora - We released two episodes of this last week! The final two episodes are actually not that far away from being done. They're still most likely not going to be out for a while due to the general speed of the project, but it is at least seeing progress again. 

All the stuff I'm working on for Saizen is still stalled (Slam Dunk and Igano Kabamaru), and I wouldn't bother putting any sort of rough date to when new episodes come out for them, just because they'll come out whenever people bother to un-stall things. I'm also working on Broken Blade for Monokage, but that's waiting for the next episode to come out on Blu-Ray, which I think is still another month or two away.

For new Frostii projects, we've almost finished subbing the first Koe de Oshigoto episode (yeah, seriously, we're actually going to release it), which is a joint with Saizen. We were looking at doing Beelzebub next season, but it's going to be done by Crunchyroll, so we'll probably not bother given it's almost certainly going to be longer than fifty episodes. We're still sort of lacking translators but we can do joints with Saizen (most of the staff are in both groups anyway), so are open to suggestions for what we should do. Same goes for any old series that aren't really subbed properly (or preferably at all), and Sylf might translate them if he likes the look of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment