Wednesday, 8 December 2010

WTF For The Week - 08/12/10

Not done one of these in a while (exactly two months, actually) but I've been too busy with work and stuff to actually be on the internet enough to actually find stuff.

First off with a mild WTF that is also one of the most hilarious fails I've seen in a while.

Broadfield pub petrol bomber runs into lamppost



There's a better quality video and a bit of other blurb on the BBC article but I can't actually embed that stuff.

I've obviously never actually petrol bombed somewhere, but I can't imagine it's that hard. You break the window, through the Molotov cocktail through it, and then you run away. None of these steps seem particularly difficult, yet they manage to fail quite spectacularly on all three counts. It's always nice when you get stories of criminals being caught for their crimes due to their own horrible ineptitude. There's something of a sweet justice to it.


NYU Professor Gets Camera Implanted In Head For Art

I think this is definitely the strangest article I've seen in a while. In a bizarre demonstration for the lack of privacy in the modern world due to CCTV et al, he's implanted a "third eye" camera into the back of his head and it'll broadcast live to a museum installation.


What's also pretty funny is that it breaks student privacy laws on campus, so he has to put a lens-cap over it while he's at the university. Given he's an acting professor, I'm pretty sure that this is going to end up being most of the time, which seems like it'll ironically make the whole thing somewhat futile.


Star Rugby Player Quits Team After Sex With Dog

This isn't from this week, and I actually saw it like a month ago, but this article is so ridiculous I thought I'd put it in anyway.

I don't really have much to add other than a massive "WHAT THE FUCK", except for maybe the fact that it wasn't his dog, but a team-mate's. If there are any social conventions for indulging in sexual acts with dogs aside from 'DONT FUCKING DO IT' then I'm pretty sure getting with one of your team-mate's canines is a no-no.

There's a picture up on the internet which, go figure, I'm not going to stick on this blog, but if your morbid curiosity gets the better of you then Google is your friend.


A final thing that isn't a wtf, but just that this photo is really fucking cool:


Clicking should take you to the original sized photo. That's a pretty impressive amount of snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment